Monday 8 July 2013

Pakistani Cricketer Wasim Akram with Melbourne fiancee Shaniera Thompson

Pakistan cricket great Wasim Akram with his Melbourne fiancee Shaniera Thompson. Picture: Julie Kiriacoudis Source:Herald Sun

Shaniera Thompson (left) at the Drewe Bellmaine Christmas Party, Riva, in 2006. Picture: Joe Mann
Shaniera Thompson (left) and Denise Foster at the opening of Fashion Bar, Flinders Lane, in 2009. Picture: Chris Scott

"It was the sentimental minute of my existence in light of the fact that it was so real," she said. 

A previous advertising advisor from Brighton, Ms Thompson has changed over to Islam, and will call Pakistan home. She said Akram was apprehensive about proposing in the accepted way. "He was truly sweet about it. 

He asked me what my dream proposal might be and I said I'm not the sort of lady that likes a huge scene. I might need it to be at home or some place private. "At that point I came into the parlor and he was on his knee and inquired as to whether I'd wed him." 

Anyway the blissful inclination was soon broken by a stressed look all over. 

She told Akram: "If we are doing this the universal way, then you need to ask my father." 

He called Ms Thompson's father, who gave his favoring. 

The pair met in Melbourne in 2011 and Akram said he was upbeat he had discovered affection. 

"I never supposed I might get hitched again, yet I am lucky and extremely upbeat to find adore again," he said. 

"It only heads off to show that life can give you a second possibility." 

Akram's first wife, Huma, perished in 2009. They had two young men, now matured 15 and 12. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment